From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
- Compiler support
- Documentation / feedback (uservoice, InsightJournal) update and next steps
- Development process (continuing discussions) Git / SVN
- We noted that we should not have the next meeting at 10am for Andrew.
- On the table for deprecation: Visual Studio 6, Borland compilers, older IRIX compilers.
- Should we make an official list of supported compilers.
- Visual Studio 7 (not 7.1) should be deprecated with Visual Studio 6.
- Consensus: Deprecate Visual Studio 6/7 (not 7.1), older Borland.
- UserVoice is going well, we'll keep it going and see what responses we get.
- Insight Journal is extensive process of submitting articles, code, automatic testing.
- Downside is the 2-3 year backlog.
- We don't want something so onerous for VTK.
- Don't need to use IJ for the same level of control as ITK does.
- Good way to capture meta-issues, documents, testing, but not a gate for code submission.
- There are things that a DVCS as the central server would allow that SVN would not, e.g. staging commits before pushing to head.
- Mercurial over Git is not perfect.
- Some firewalls have issues with connections other than HTTP.
- Would need a solution for keyword expansion.
- Would need specific instructions on how VTK developers should to move to Git (esp. on Windows).
- Need to move over pre-commit checks.
- Allows outside collaboration.
- Need to prepare the community for this with white paper, VTK Journal paper, etc. and allow discussion.
- Could enable an automatic gatekeeper, but perhaps don't impose it as a required thing.
- Berk will deprecate compilers.
- Berk will write a Git whitepaper.
- Will will write email about ARB to community.
- Revisit topic leads