From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 How to Join the Tcon
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Technical Topics
- 3.1 Stable ITK 3.20
- 3.2 Sequestered Reference Applications
- 3.3 DICOM
- 3.4 Simple ITK
- 3.5 Wrapping
- 3.6 Refactoring Optimization Framework
- 3.7 Modularization
- 3.8 Microscopy
- 4 Software Process
How to Join the Tcon
Number to Call
- 1-800-728-9607 (in the US) or
- +1 9139049873 (international)
- access code 6815251
- Meeting link
- Date of next meeting? 4-6 october?
Stable ITK 3.20
- How to get it.
- Maintenance rules (gate keeper ?)
Sequestered Reference Applications
- Nightly build use the current ITKv4.
- V3D Plugins
Dan and Mathieu to report
- Beginnings of a requirements document. Comments welcome.
- Updating openjpeg
- Introducing JPEG2000
- Updating to GDCM 2.0
- Release Saturday 14th ?
- Design Discussions
- Sandbox in Github
- Aggregating an ARB (composed of potential future users)
- Define requirements
- Simple ITK Layer
- Plans for wrapping
- Pros and Cons
- update from brad on wrapitk test (new swig usage that addresses existing concerns)?
Refactoring Optimization Framework
- Is the | refactoring of the optimization framework going to be considered for itkv4?
- Brian Avants to lead discussion on registration refactoring.
- Gabe Hart to report of initial Modularization efforts
- Exploration of Ryppl
- Interaction with Boost
- Brad King & Dave Cole Report
- Scheduling a dedicated tcon for this topic.
Gathering Feedback from the attendees to the Hackathon in Janelia Farm (HHMI)
- Luis to report
- Microscopy community.
- Pixel types used
- Image Dimensions (2,3,4,5)
- Channels as dimension ?
- Time as dimension ?
- Memory organization ?
- Multi-scale datasets
- Needs for Object representation data structures
Management of Large Datasets
- Sean Megason & Arnaud Gelas
- Large data sets (greater than RAM) - 100GB to 1TB per experiment
- PixelType may be scalar, vector, or tensor
- How to deal with multiple channels and time points (e.g. dimensions, vector)
- ordering dimensions for iteration (e.g. tracking nuclei needs time before channel whereas segmentation might want channel before time)
- Crop and resample n dimensional image into m dimensional image (m<n)
- Having a multi-resolution representation for images ? ( ala JPEG2000, or wavelets ?)
- Partial solutions
- meta reader - n-dimensional image set stored on disk (or database) as series of 2-d images. Reader can grab any subset of dimensions and stream. Needs an n-dimensional container (hashtable) that can be sorted.
ITK Readers for Microscopy formats
- There's a need for readers in the microscopy community in order to be able to use ITK
- Zeiss (LSM and ZVI)
- Leica (LIF)
- Olympus (OIB)
- Nikon ()
- BioFormats has readers and example files for these. It is Java with C++ bindings for ITK, BUT it's GPL.
Migration to Git
- Migration Completed
- Updating Dashboard Machines to Git
- Contractors to send information to Kitware about the developers who should receive Git write access.
- (include email and public SSH key)
Before Giving Git Write Access
- Changing LICENSE to Apache 2.0
Clean up Releases
|Release Tag||Date||Major Changes|
|Alpha-01||August 7||VS6,BCC55, SunCC (5.7?), Metrowerks Removal (based on compiler features), Remove large Images|
|Alpha-02||August 14||CMake Variables configuration cleanup|
|Alpha-03||August 21||GDCM 2.0, OpenJpeg-v2, +JPEG2000|
|Alpha-04||August 28||Third party libraries update: TIFF, JPEG, PNG|
- Hans Johnson to report on compilers cleanup.
- and experiences with Git workflow.
Unit testing framework
A tutorial has been drafted using the Google Testing framework.
- Fixing KWStyle/CDash/CTest for Git : Brad Davis report