- 1 How to Join the Tcon
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Technical Topics
- 3.1 ITKv4-A02
- 3.2 ITKv4-A03
- 3.3 LEVEL SET
- 3.4 DICOM
- 3.5 Simple ITK
- 3.6 Uncrustify Code Cleanup (Hans)
- 3.7 itkStaticConstMacro (Hans)
- 3.8 Stable ITK 3.20
- 3.9 Gerrit is ON
- 3.10 Testing Data in MIDAS
- 3.11 Sequestered Reference Applications
- 3.12 Wrapping
- 3.13 Refactoring Optimization Framework
- 4 Software Process
How to Join the Tcon
Number to Call
- 1-800-728-9607 (in the US) or
- +1 9139049873 (international)
- access code 6815251
- Meeting link
- Date of next meeting? 4-6 october?
- location of next meeting?
- move the tconf to 11am?
- Work left to be done?
- Work left to clean up the dashboard?
- Target Date?
- Work to be done?
- Target Date?
Megason lab to schedule Tcon for next week
Dan and Mathieu to report
- Beginnings of a requirements document. Comments welcome.
- Updating openjpeg : DONE !
- Introducing JPEG2000 : DONE !
- Updating to GDCM 2.0 : DONE !
- Release date for ITKv4-A02 ?
- Design Discussions
- Sandbox in Github
- Aggregating an ARB (composed of potential future users)
- Define requirements
- Simple ITK Layer
- Wrapping for C#
- Adding more filters
Uncrustify Code Cleanup (Hans)
Please review the branch: http://github.com/hjmjohnson/ITK/tree/uncrustify_cleanup. It contains the uncrustified version of the code.
I'd like to discuss creating a new macro called "itkEnumerationMacro" that will remove nearly all instances of itkStaticConstMacro in the code.
- Reference materials: http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11158
- In version 3.20 and earlier, this always defaulted to the enumerated type version of the itkStaticConstMacro.
- The enumeration option for "template defined integer values" makes coding a lot easier
- The "static const unsigned int" option requires definitions of those variables "outside" the class definition if they are to be used across compliation units (i.e. with explicit instantiation).
Stable ITK 3.20
- How to get it.
- Maintenance rules (gate keeper ?)
Gerrit is ON
- Marcus Hanwell to summarize
- Details in the ITK Gerrit Wiki page
- URL: http://review.source.kitware.com/
- All developers must create their accounts.
- You only need an OpenID
- Define groups
- Define users' roles
- Reviewers must be required from each contractor ?
- Define workflow
Testing Data in MIDAS
Data on MIDAS
Allows to download data on-the-fly, at run-time while running the testing. Data is cached (only downloaded once or when updated).
- svn co https://www.kitware.com/svn/KWPublic/trunk/MIDAS/MIDAScpp
- Dashboard http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=MIDAS
Sequestered Reference Applications
We have already made significant changes, and they are not being recorded yet. It is time to setup these reference applications.
- Nightly build use the current ITKv4.
- V3D Plugins
- Insight Applications (ITKApps from v3.20)
- ITK tests from v3.20
- Plans for wrapping
- Pros and Cons
- update from brad on wrapitk test (new swig usage that addresses existing concerns)?
Refactoring Optimization Framework
- Is the | refactoring of the optimization framework going to be considered for itkv4?
- Brian Avants to lead discussion on registration refactoring.
ITK Readers for Microscopy formats
- There's a need for readers in the microscopy community in order to be able to use ITK
- Zeiss (LSM and ZVI)
- Leica (LIF)
- Olympus (OIB)
- Nikon ()
- BioFormats has readers and example files for these. It is Java with C++ bindings for ITK, BUT it's GPL.
Migration to Git
- Migration Completed
- Procedure for contributing Patches: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git#Contributing_Patches
- Updating Dashboard Machines to Git
- Contractors to send information to Kitware about the developers who should receive Git write access.
- (include email and public SSH key)
Clean up Releases
|Release Tag||Date||Major Changes|
|Alpha-01||August 7||VS6,BCC55, SunCC (5.7?), Metrowerks Removal (based on compiler features), Remove large Images|
|Alpha-02||August 14||CMake Variables configuration cleanup|
|Alpha-03||August 21||GDCM 2.0, OpenJpeg-v2, +JPEG2000|
|Alpha-04||August 28||Third party libraries update: TIFF, JPEG, PNG|
Unit testing framework
A tutorial has been drafted using the Google Testing framework.
- Fixing KWStyle/CDash/CTest for Git : Brad Davis report
- The Google C+++ Style Guide is a good example of a style guide. Although the specifics may differ, the format and coverage of this guide is very nice. We may consider producing a similar Guide for ITKv4.