Disconnecting from server while still saving an animation
cheap diazepam cheap xenical nokia ringtones qwest ringtones zanaflex online diazepam online verizon ringtones free motorola ringtones order lortab prozac online ericsson ringtones but ortho cheap cyclobenzaprine cheap celexa free ringtones phentermine free cool ringtones cheap prozac free qwest ringtones cialis online sprint ringtones nexium online real ringtones sagem ringtones tracfone ringtones free nokia ringtones free punk ringtones mp3 ringtones sony ringtones ativan online but hgh free midi ringtones alltel ringtones cheap flexeril sony ericsson ringtones motorola ringtones vicodin online free tracfone ringtones buy soma levitra online free motorola ringtones cheap didrex cheap sildenafil pharmacy online online zoloft online hydrocodone online free sony ringtones cingular ringtones viagra buy paxil ambien online buy lortab order hydrocodone vigrx online cheap ativan hgh online sildenafil online buy viagra ortho online nextel ringtones lisinopril free funny ringtones free sony ericsson ringtones buy vicodin hydrocodone order ativan mono ringtones clonazepam levitra free sprint ringtones cialis online sony ringtones cheap levitra zanaflex online phentermine celexa online ultracet online wwe ringtones free sharp ringtones buy norco soma online cheap ultracet free cingular ringtones cheap adipex cheap xenical cheap albuterol cheap tenuate cheap ortho free music ringtones sagem ringtones cheap lisinopril meridia online cheap propecia cheap vigrx cheap diethylpropion cheap albuterol mp3 ringtones meridia online free ringtones cheap ultram soma online cheap lortab cheap sildenafil free nextel ringtones cheap lorazepam free funny ringtones diethylpropion online free ringtones funny ringtones cingular ringtones cheap soma nokia ringtones clonazepam online zyban online clomid online buy prozac online valium order lisinopril meridia online buy tramadol sharp ringtones free midi ringtones flexeril online real ringtones celexa online zoloft online free nextel ringtones ericsson ringtones free music ringtones mtv ringtones order ultram buy valium viagra online lorazepam online cheap cialis cheap phentermine buy nexium samsung ringtones cheap norco meridia online sprint ringtones buy rivotril order carisoprodol carisoprodol online cyclobenzaprine online free qwest ringtones free qwest ringtones cheap fioricet verizon ringtones punk ringtones cheap hoodia pharmacy online online tracfone ringtones tramadol cheap rivotril tramadol online didrex online cheap fioricet music ringtones cheap albuterol free nokia ringtones buy viagra buy alprazolam buy xenical pharmacy online online free funny ringtones order zanaflex free ericsson ringtones cyclobenzaprine online adipex online cheap xanax free alltel ringtones free qwest ringtones ultram online sonyericsson ringtones free samsung ringtones cheap lortab free mono ringtones free samsung ringtones zyban online cheap celexa free funny ringtones wwe ringtones cheap rivotril but clomid buy fioricet buy hgh cheap lipitor cheap hoodia clonazepam online cool ringtones tenuate online cheap vicodin real ringtones free sonyericsson ringtones buy hoodia buy tramadol nextel ringtones cheap alprazolam ambien online =Overview=
Typically, when a client disconnects, the server process terminates. Thus, for the server to do any processing, a(the) client must be present. This becomes cumbersome especially when generating large animations, since now it is required that the client remains alive till the entire animation is generated. ParaView3 supports a mode in which it is possible for the client to disconnect from the server and then tell the server to generate and save an animation. The server generates the animation and then exits. This document describes the UI and the internal design for the same.
- This mode is only application when saving an animation on a remote server.
- If the connection is a remote connection, then the save animation dialog has an additional check box "Disconnect before saving animation.". This must be checked to disconnect the client before saving the animation.
- It must be noted that the animation will be saved on the root node of the server (data server) in this mode (normally, the movie is saved on the client).
- Once the user accepts, the connection to the server will be closed, the user will loose all the pipelines he/she had setup on this particular connection.
- Animation is a Server Manager feature. Animations are generated by changing properties on proxies using vtkSMAnimationSceneProxy/vtkSMAnimationCueProxy etc. Thus, to play an animation on the server side without a client, it is essential that we have a server manager on the server side as well. Hence, ParaView3 server (data server) now creates and initializes a Server Manager (Server-side Server Manager or SsSM) when is starts.
- The SsSM is not an active server manager. The client uses the local Server Manager for all proxy creation etc etc.
- Disconnecting and playing/saving an animation on the server has two parts:
- Synchronize the SsSM with the client side ServerManager and revive it.
- Generate the animation.
Reviving the Server-Side Server Manager
- To revive the SsSM we first need to save the state xml of the server manager on the client side. We don't want to simply load this state on the SsSM, since that would lead to creation of new server side objects for all the proxies. Hence this state xml has additinal elements we call revival state which includes thing such as object IDs for the server side objects.
- When this revival state is loaded on the SsSM, it creates new proxies but initializes them to use the already existing server side vtk objects. All objects that are client-only are now recreated on the server.
- We don't revive render modules and displays since the rendermodules/displays have to be different depending on whether it's a remote server connection or not. Hence, we create new render modules/displays appropriate for the server side, however load the properties from the state of the client side render modules so that physical properties of the rendermodules on the client and the server are similar.
- All this is managed by the class vtkSMServerProxyManagerReviver.
- To generate an animation on a revived SsSM, we want the animation generation to start after the client has disconnected. Thus the client can't directly send a command to the server to start playing the animation after it disconnects.
- For this, we have what we call ConnectionCleaners. These are server side objects that perform some cleanup operation on the server when a particular client-connection is closed.
- To play an animation on the server, we simply create a "AnimationPlayer" proxy before we revive the SsSM. The server side object for this AnimationPlayer proxy sets itself up to listen to connection disconnect events from the process module.
- As soon as the connection closes, the server side object activates the SsSM and starts playing/saving animation. Once done with the animation, the server terminates normally.