ITK/Procedure for Contributing New Classes and Algorithms
This page describes the procedure for contributing new algorithms and classes to the Insight Toolkit.
The rationale behind this procedure is to pursue the following goals
- Technical correctness of new contributions
- Avoid duplication of functionalities
- Maximize reuse of existing code
- Maximize generalization of the algorithm implementations
- Enforce validation, testing and code coverage
- Maximize maintainability
- Ensure that new algorithms are properly documented
- Gather feedback from the community
- Hold a continuously open forum where algorithmic, and performance issues are discussed.
Since some of these goals may be conflicting, it will be the prerrogative of the Oversight Committee ITK_Oversight_Committee
to rule on whether one criteria should be given more importance over another one.
The procedure for contributing new classes and algorithms is the following.
- An Author will propose an algorithm to the developers list or to the weekly tcon.