SIMPLIFY ITK by allowing easy access of the toolkit from other languages, especially scripting languages, hiding some difficulties (templates, compilation ...) along the way.
- Avoid unnecessary dependencies (see Modular ITK)
- faster compilation
- limited compilation ( see modular itk v4 )
- faster re-compile (touching a given .h should not trigger a full re-compilation)
- Wrap 80%+ of the toolkit
- Have ITK behaves in the different languages as close to the native code as possible
- Lua ?
- Tcl ?
- see simpleITK
Required Tools and Technology
Installation is detailled here
WrapITK Configuration and Build Process Internals
Parallel Build Status
Discussions and TConfs
- Luis Ibañez
- Gabe Hart
- Gaëtan Lehmann
- Brad King
- gccxml maintenance
Brad working on it. Getting harder with newer compiler. Will probably possible for the next couple of years.
CLang must be explored as a replacement.
- migrating to WrapITK 0.3
- recode igenerator.py in C++
reuse cable code. already read gccxml output.
- languages support
- keep python 2
- keep java
- add C#
- add Python 3? maybe
- remove Tcl? sure
- redefine the WrapITK libraries (grouping of classes)
use the same module organization than in ITK
- Default wrapped types and abbreviated naming scheme
- Wrapping coverage
- Binary distribution
distribute binary for now next move to ryppl
- ITK Image to/from target language array conversion
- Automatic Inline documentation
- Target language inheritance (SWIG directors)
- Automatic type selection in Python
- Improve 64bits support in ITK — surely done elsewhere already
remove 64 bit pixel type
rework filter using unsigned long type
- GDCM wrapping integration?
add interfaces in ITK classes and wrap those classes