ITK/Tcons/Agendas/2010 11 02
How to Join the Tcon
Number to Call
- 1-800-728-9607 (in the US) or
- +1 9139049873 (international)
- access code 6815251
- Meeting link
Task Order #2
- Draft received by some contractors
- To be sent back to Terry ASAP.
November Meeting in Iowa
- Date of next meeting:
- November 2010
- Location: Iowa
- Fall ITKv4 2010 Meeting
- Draft Agenda:
- Fall ITKv4 2010 Meeting#Meeting_Agenda
- Note Suggested Gerrit hands-on Workshop
- Draft Agenda:
- Set for February 2-3, 2011 in Boston at Harvard Medical School.
- A link to a web site for registration and hotel information will be sent shortly.
Previous Meeting Action Items
- Copyright headers in all ITK files were changed.
- Thanks to Hans Johnson for crafting and sharing the script.
- Thanks to the reviewers for looking at such a large commit.
- Licensing Summary in ITK Wiki
- Time to wrap-up the survey.
- ARB Meeting on Wednesday November 3, 2010 at 10am.
- Take the survey - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SimpleITKCommunitySurvey
- Survey results - http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=7s_2f_2baOS0Pe06OO2dWBU_2btf8RPSPzgi8HGlud9B0ILsg_3d
- Dashboard Status - Today's Dashboard
- DeformableRegistration8 in eldorado (the only machine that runs these tests)
Open Gerrit Reviews
- We got new reviewers !
- Open reviews
- The need for decoupling Numeric Traits from Vector-like containers
Migration Guide Process
- Users Migration Guide
- Example XML
- Let's tag now
- And make libtiff4 update the item for ITKv4-A03
- So that at the November meeting we can proceed to spawn Git topic branches
- Target to cut it by Nov 15th
- Refactoring page
- Tcon Happened
- Xiaoxiao Liu (at Kitware) to start working on partitioning the toolkit
- Brad King addressed the int issues
- Currently at
git fetch git://kwsource.kitwarein.com/~bradking/itk/bradkings-itk.git +libtiff4beta6:libtiff4beta6
- Luis resuming it
- Need to coordinate with Arnaud to build it in Mac 10.5
- Will submit it to Gerrit again soon.
Image Registration Revision
- Mailing list was created:
- Discussion at MICCAI
- Maybe resume on October ? 10am EST ?
- Past tcon:
Registration Topic Page
- Ziv Yaniv to summarize
- Is the | refactoring of the optimization framework going to be considered for itkv4?
Dan and Mathieu to report
Gerrit Code Review
- Details in the ITK Gerrit Wiki page
- URL: http://review.source.kitware.com/
- Are all developers registered?
- You only need an OpenID
CDash @ Home
- Zach Mullen to report
- cdash@home progress
- Prototype will be ready by Nov meeting.
Recent version of doxygen (>= 1.7.0) runs multiple instances of dot in parallel!!!
Tests with doxygen 1.7.1, on a 6 cores machine 12Gb RAM
- with unmodified doxygen.config.in 330 min
- by changing cache size (and tweaking few parameters) 311 min
- Could it be improved?
Sequestered Reference Applications
We have already made significant changes, and they are not being recorded yet. It is time to setup these reference applications.
- V3D Plugins
- Insight Applications now submitting
- Broken: need to use it as an example for the Migration Guide.
Development Versions following ITKv4
- Nightly build use the current ITKv4.
- Insight Applications (ITKApps from v3.20)
- ITK tests from v3.20
- Status (Alex)
ITK Readers for Microscopy formats
- There's a need for readers in the microscopy community in order to be able to use ITK
- Zeiss (LSM and ZVI)
- Leica (LIF)
- Olympus (OIB)
- Nikon ()
- BioFormats has readers and example files for these. It is Java with C++ bindings for ITK, BUT it's GPL.
- Fixing KWStyle/CDash/CTest for Git : Brad Davis report
- The Google C+++ Style Guide is a good example of a style guide. Although the specifics may differ, the format and coverage of this guide is very nice. We may consider producing a similar Guide for ITKv4.
Uncrustify Code Cleanup (Hans)
Migration to Git
- Migration Completed
- Procedure for contributing Patches: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git#Contributing_Patches
- Updating Dashboard Machines to Git
- Contractors to send information to Kitware about the developers who should receive Git write access.
- (include email and public SSH key)
Clean up Releases
|Release Tag||Date||Major Changes|
|Alpha-01||August 7||VS6,BCC55, SunCC (5.7?), Metrowerks Removal (based on compiler features), Remove large Images|
|Alpha-02||August 14||CMake Variables configuration cleanup|
|Alpha-03||August 21||GDCM 2.0, OpenJpeg-v2, +JPEG2000|
|Alpha-04||August 28||Third party libraries update: TIFF, JPEG, PNG|
Unit testing framework
A tutorial has been drafted using the Google Testing framework.