ITK/Tcons/Agendas/2011 05 13
- 1 How to Join the Tcon
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Technical Topics
- 3.1 Review Tasks
- 3.2 ITK Modularization Residuals
- 3.3 Wrapping and TCL
- 3.4 Dashboard
- 3.5 Valgrind Errors
- 3.6 Refactoring Workflow
- 3.7 ImageRegionDuplicator
- 3.8 Schedule
- 3.9 Teaching ITK
- 3.10 Open Science Training
- 3.11 Image Interpretation Layer
- 3.12 DICOM
- 3.13 Gerrit Reviews
- 3.14 Orfeo Toolbox Integration
- 3.15 SimpleITK
- 3.16 ITK FEM
- 3.17 Doxygen
How to Join the Tcon
Number to Call
Please be patient, due to some unforeseen circumstances, the call may not start on time...
- 1-800-728-9607 (in the US) or
- +1 9139049873 (international)
- access code 6815251
- Meeting link
June Meeting in Chapel Hill
- Will take place on June 28-29
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- The Meeting will take place at the Franklin Hotel
- URGENT: ADDING ONE DAY MORE TO THE MEETING
- June 27
- To sprint with the A2D2 projects
- Starting to review classes
- Target: June Meeting
- Review Directory: hackathon
- All files were classified
- Missing Insight Journal references were added
- Now: Select the ones that must be moved into the toolkit
- Finally: We will move the remaining Review directory out of the toolkit and into an external module.
ITK Modularization Residuals
- Check the TODO list file
- Enabling Examples (DONE)
- Doxygen documentation (DONE)
- KWStyle configuration (DONE)
- Installation ?
- Wiki Documentation
Wrapping and TCL
- discussion between hans and the wrapping team (gaetan, ashish, and alex)
- it has been decided (upon approval during the tconf) that
- killing tcl wrapping is a little bit brutal as it is almost there
- fixing tcl wrapping is NOT a priority for the beta
- we can "hide" the tcl wrapping for the time being to avoid having people wasting their time trying to use it
- for people knowledgeable in cmake enough to find the option and turn it on, print a warning message (a la review dir)
- toward september/october, when things will be more stable, fix the tcl wrapping.
- WrapITK updates:
- Cleaned up python wrapping's CMakeLists.txt.
- swig customizations for python have been moved to pybase.i
- Dashboard Status - Today's Dashboard
NOTE: The Dashboard database has been moved to a separate machine (not the virtual cluster yet), this has improved the response time. Please give it a try. It should improve further when the virtual cluster is installed.
- Related to the new itkTestDriver
- Right now
- code is developed on other remote
- once the code is mature, we submit to gerrit
- lost history
- refactoring may appear as single commit from one person (not team spirit oriented)
- Any other solution?
- The goal is to accelerate image region to region coping where possible
- memcpy vs std:copy
- Transition Plan
- When to tag ITKv4 BETA ?
- June 15 ?
- ITK Boot Camp : Houston : September 2011
- ITK in image processing course : Houston : Fall 2011
- ITK in biomedical imaging course : Houston : Spring 2012
Open Science Training
- Reproducible Research Training Camp : TBD
- Open Sourcing your Lab Training Camp : TBD
Image Interpretation Layer
- Can this be combined with DICOM ?
- How about Video ?
- Can it be useful with HDF5 IO too? http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1401
- TCONF TODAY
Tcon at 11am EST, Friday (after the ITK tcon)
Toll-Free #: 1-800-704-9804 International #: 1-404-920-6604 Participant Code: 61466276
- system_gdcm has been compiled under mac, patch submitted
- bill reported that patch is not working under windows.
- currently the windows build have some lib naming problem, perhaps caused by cmake ? that are in the way for testing.
- Naming problem disappeared with an update to CMake 2.8.4
- Shared libraries oddity
- expected, vnl does not allow us to have multiple DLLs
- gdcm does not export Libraries list and libraries DIRS
- explains why the patch is not working on windows
Orfeo Toolbox Integration
- Had tcon with the OTB team
- Discussed registration of ImageIO factories in OTB
- Reviewed the patch for supporting images of std::complex
- Need to schedule call with Microscopy, Video and Remote Sensing groups to design a common "image interpretation layer"
- Doxygen: http://erie.nlm.nih.gov/~blowek1/SimpleITK/index.html
- Github: https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK
- sitk::Image now using Copy on Write
- Filter pass and return Image's as non-pointer Images
- Succeeded to connect SimpleITK image buffers to Java arrays.
- Started to create SimpleITK plugins for ICY
- what about enabling the "edit comments" to submit patches to gerrit? see documented class
- scripts to add examples/tests to doxygen documentation (for each class, whenever it is relevant)?