Difference between revisions of "ITK Release 4/Modern C++"
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Revision as of 17:06, 15 March 2011
- Take advantage of advances in C++
- Target popular compilers that are compatible with the C++98 and/or C++03 standard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B03#Language_standard).
The following lists specify what compilers will be supported and what compilers will not be supported in the first release of ITKv4.
Will Not Support
Specifically remove support for
- Visual Studio 6.0
- Visual Studio 7.0
- Borland version 5.5
- Sun Studio compilers prior to 5.9
- IRIX compilers
- Metrowerks Codewarrior compilers
- cygwin 1.5 (newer versions may work, but are not being targeted)
- gcc prior to 3.4
As a general statement, we support compilers that submit nightly to the ITK dashboard. Currently these include:
- GCC 4.x
- Visual Studio 7.1, 8, 9, 10
- Intel Compiler Suite 11.x, 12.x
- clang (work in progress...)