Difference between revisions of "ITK Release 4/Users Migration Guide"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Revision as of 14:26, 20 May 2011
What ITKv4 Developers Need to Do
Users Migration Guide Proposal
Migration Guide Pages
Install the application
The Migration guide is based on the open source solution phpMyFaq http://www.phpmyfaq.de
1 - Get the source code The source code is available on the kitware's internal Gitorious
2 - Install PhpMyFaq
- Install Apache and Mysql
- Copy the source code in you web directory.
- Using your browse, go to http://localhost/itk-migrationfaq/install and follow the instructions
- Run the SQL script located in itk-migrationfaq\sql
3 - Configure Go to the administration part and create a category. The automatic posts will be posted in this category
Post a change
The ITK Faq has an API which allows you to automatically add a migration post using an XML File. The XML file should be linked to a change and should be hosted by Gerrit.
This file contains all the information of the change: title, description, files... Here is an example: http://review.source.kitware.com/cat/224%2C1%2CMigration/DecoupleNumericTraitsFromContainers.xml
Here are the steps to automatically create a post:
- Get the URL of the xml file (which should be zipped). On the Gerrit page (used as an example), there is a download link.
- Choose a FAQ category. You can use its ID or its name.
- Trigger the creation of the post by going to this URL using your parameters: