This wiki page describes steps to build and install ParaView with Catalyst on the Grid'5000 testbed[http://www.grid5000.fr]. OSMesa is the OpenGL implementation.
The build configuration is similar to [http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install#Download_And_Install_MESA_3D_libraries] and [http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D]
In an effort to ensure reproduciblility, Kameleon's Grid5000's community tool [http://kameleon.imag.fr/] is used.
Level of reproducibility:
- Base image
- all the software are built and installed on a debian-8 jessie image
- Grid'5000 offers reproducible base images (configuration script available here [http://tobe.set])
- Grid'5000 allows the deployment of complete file systems as images
- kameleon recipe available here [https://github.com/lrahmani/paraview-catalyst-g5k/tree/develop]
- Software installed used apt-get is reproducible as far as the the apt-get source list is not changed
- the new built image (with paraview installed) can be deployed to run experiments on or as a base image to further Kameleon recipes
=Build And Install=
To build the image follow the steps described in kameleon's official documentation [http://kameleon.imag.fr/installation.html] and [http://kameleon.imag.fr/getting_started.html].