Proposals:JPEG 2000 ImageIO
From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
Adding direct support for JPEG 2000
- GDCM uses already JPEG2000 in order to manage compression in DICOM images.
- The Openjpeg library is carried by ITK in the Utilities directory. (an old version...)
- However, ITK currently doesn't
Current effort is in the NAMIC Sandbox
have a direct support for JPEG2000 files from the ImageFileReader.
Project Page NAMIC Week
We plan to do a big push during the NAMIC Week:
Dashboard for OpenJpeg
Insight Journal Relevant Papers
- Streaming (reading region of interest, without having to load the entire image)
- Need to update to OJ v2, since v1 does not support this.
- Subsampling (reading subsampled versions of the image)
- Pixel types
- 8-bits (signed/unsigned)
- 16-bits (signed/unsigned)
- 32-bits (signed/unsigned)
- Jpeg 3D
- Time series ?