Difference between revisions of "SimpleITK/Scope"
From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
Latest revision as of 17:51, 13 February 2013
Current open questions
- Internal execution mechanism
- switch statement, supported by macros
- Factory mechanism, new image types could be added at runtime
- What to support "out of the box"?
- How easy/difficult to add new datatypes to a build?
- Compile times
- Templates radically extend CPU and memory requirements
- Library size / scope
- Custom SWIG files vs. automatically generated SWIG
- Automation for SimpleITK facade generation from ITK classes?
Suggested Areas to Cover
- Basic Filters
- Basic Framework
- Deformable registration
- Region Growing
- Level Sets
- Meshes ? (Not Yet)
- Image pixel types supported
- Image dimensions supported
- Is 2D managed as a 3D image of 1 slice ?
- Performance penalty for neighborhood filters... ?
- Could be "2D" versions of 3D filters, i.e. RecursiveGaussianFilter2D. This would work on a slice-by-slice basis.
Wrapped languages will be any that SWIG supports, if someone is willing to write tests / any needed glue code.
- C++ Layer