Difference between revisions of "SimpleITK/Tcon 2010 07 15"
From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
(Created page with '''' Tcon topics 7/15/2010 ''' Toll-Free #: 1-800-704-9804 International #: 1-404-920-6604 Participant Code: 61466276 Thursday, July 15th, 3:30-5:00pm EDT (2:30-4:0…')
Revision as of 11:00, 9 December 2011
Tcon topics 7/15/2010
Toll-Free #: 1-800-704-9804 International #: 1-404-920-6604 Participant Code: 61466276 Thursday, July 15th, 3:30-5:00pm EDT (2:30-4:00pm Central).
- General architecture
- Wrapping efficiency
- Should SimpleITK be mixable with normal ITK ?
- At C++ level ?
- At WrapITK (Python, Tcl ) level ?
- Provide access to the underlying ITK image ?
- SimpleImage class
- Include casting to other image types.
- Introduce in ITK an itk::ImageBase class that is not templated over Dimension.
- Use Pointer semantics ?
- image->getDepth() vs image.getDepth()
- What kind of flexibility to provide for Users to add functionalities to SimpleITK
- It should be easy to write (even if the class is conceptually complex).
- User says : "I need this data type X..."
- Then, how hard is for the developer of SimpleITK classes to satisfy the user's request.
- Design a Simple calling convention
- Procedural-like notation...
- out = Gaussian().setSigma(2).execute(image)
- out = Gaussian( image, 2 )
- Gaussian gaussian( 2 ) // sigma as argument to the constructor
- gaussian( "Sigma",2, "Width", 2 ); // arguments packed as key,value pair
- Add introspection to ITK proper
- All filters provide a list of "Key, Type" pairs
- SetParameter( "parameterName", parameterValue );