Difference between revisions of "VTK/OpenGL"
m (nVidia debian)
|Line 107:||Line 107:|
Revision as of 12:39, 25 January 2005
ATI Open GL Driver on Linux
ATI Driver on Debian GNU/Linux
How to get OpenGL ATI driver working on a linux debian system.
This wiki page is based on: http://www.watchland.org/dmcgraw/ati-debian.html
- Download the RPM from ATI (it should match your for XFree version)
- Use 'alien' to change the rpm into a tarball (alien -t), then extract at file system root level:
cd / sudo tar xvfz fglrx-4.3.0.tgz
- Install the kernel headers for your kernel
apt-get install kernel-headers-`uname -r`
- Install the kernel-source package for your kernel
apt-get install kernel-source-<ver>
- Create a symlink for /usr/src/linux to the kernel-headers. Technically this isn't needed, but it makes it easier to keep things straight.
ln -s /usr/src/kernel-headers-`uname -r` /usr/src/linux
- Build & Install the module
sudo sh make.sh
sudo sh make_install.sh
- Optionally (but I recommend it to at least learn the options you can use) run fglrxconfig to generate a XF86Config-4 file
- To build VTK you may still need the OpenGL header file:
sudo apt-get install xlibmesa-gl-dev
Some more info depending on your kernel:
- For a 2.4.x kernel
Edit a couple of locations in the ATI make.sh script. Really you just need to check/set 2 variables. - First search for linuxincludes. Make sure that is set to /usr/src/linux/include (if you made the symlink above). - Then search for drmincludes. Make sure that is set to /usr/src/kernel-source-<ver>drivers/char/drm
- For a 2.6.x kernel
* Create a symlink for the modules build directory
ln -s /usr/src/linux /lib/modules/`uname-r`/build
* Change the kernel headers to reference the kernel source package's drm include
* cd /usr/src
* tar -jxvf kernel-source-<ver>.tar.bz2
* cd linux/drivers/char
* mv drm drm.original
* ln -s /usr/src/kernel-source-<ver>drivers/char/drm drm
ATI Driver on Fedora 2
Other (untested) How To:
- Fedora 2:
- Some links:
Support for ATI Radeon & FireGL graphics cards on Linux http://www.wlug.org.nz/RadeonNotes
Some FireGL driver: http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.php
Installing ATI-Drivers on Debian Linux(nforce2 chipset) http://www.g-tec.co.at/ati.html
Another ATI-Radeon-Linux-Howto which is also available in german.
This ATI-Radeon-Linux-Howto also includes information about installing the drivers on other distributions.
ATI Linux driver packages for Debian Another HowTo for Debian, also includes Debian packages and reports of working setups.
A link to ATI web site where to find some documentation about the XFree86 file option generated from fglrxconfig
nVidia Open GL Driver on Linux
nVidia Driver on Debian GNU/Linux
How to get OpenGL nVidia driver working on a linux debian system.
This wiki page is based on:
First thing you need to do is allow unstable from your sources.list file otherwise even the assistant will fail to load the nvidia-kernel-source package
- Be carefull only for nvidia-kernel-source
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib