VTK Related Job Opportunities
Software Engineer(s)-Electrical Geodesics, Inc.
EGI, an international medical device company in the neurology/neuroscience field is seeking to add "three", Software Engineers to it's "Software Engineering Team"
Full Time, exempt, salary position with benefits.
The Software Engineer is responsible for software related product development, product engineering activities and grant support. Activities may include, but are not limited to, program generation/coordination and debugging, and grant support. The Engineer is responsible for complying with all applicable quality assurance procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or strongly related field.
Ability to read, understand and generate technical and engineering documents.
Independently design and develop software components for new products.
Ability to interface with technical and non-technical staff.
Posting 1: In addition to the requirements listed above, preferred candidates will possess the experience and skills listed below:
• 2 years experience in a multi-platform environment. Experience must include, at minimum: • Java, C, C++ (Objective-C a plus). • Strong knowledge of application server environments. • Glassfish, OpenESB, JBI, BPEL, XML. • Strong profiency in database engineering, and demonstrable knowledge of SQL. • Strong coding design techniques. • Understand fundamental concepts of distributed computational models. • Understand complexitites of supporting enterprise wide software solutions. • Experience with Netbeans or Eclipse (and comfortable to use either). • Experience with UML modeling and object oriented design analysis a plus. • Able to adjust to varying technologies. • Knowledge of Websphere or other such products considered a plus. • Knowledge distributed computing in areas such as MPI considered a plus. • Understanding of health industry enterprise computing considered a plus. This would include areas such as security, HL7, etc.. Posting 2: In addition to the requirements listed above, preferred candidates will possess the experience and skills listed below: • 2 years experience in signal processing. Experience must include, at minimum: • C, C++ (Java)
Posting 3: In addition to the requirements listed above, preferred candidates will possess the experience and skills listed below:
• 2 years of experience with VTK and ITK is particularly important. • Knowledge of C and C++ and OpenGL • Knowledge of Java, MATLAB, and database management are useful skills. To apply for any of the above openings, resume and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com
January 2008 to Dec. 2010: Virtual Reality in Computational Biology - Postdoctoral position at IBPC, Paris, France
Postdoc position FlowVR Nano: a virtual laboratory
- Project description (see also http://www.shaman.ibpc.fr/fvnano_postdoc.pdf)
- We are seeking a highly motivated research programmer or a postdoctoral fellow to develop software tools for interactive high performance simulations coupling virtual reality, scientific visualization and parallel simulation through a full cooperation with on-going projects. The main application at the centre of this project targets handling and exploring simulations of biological or physical complex objects at the nanoscopic scale, using a virtual reality platform with haptic feedback. The successful candidate will join our group developing state-of-the-art computer simulation methods. This position is a unique training opportunity in a multi-disciplinary environment in collaboration with three other leading teams in France who are experts on complementary topics.
- Qualification and experience
- The candidate should have a PhD in visualisation, computer graphics, virtual reality or a related field. Skills in haptics would be appreciated. Specific experience with scientific computing in general and computational biology in particular is not required, but would represent an important advantage over other candidates. Strong skill in computer programming (in particular Objective-C, Cocoa), VTK or virtual reality and a good background in computer science is also an important prerequisite. Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment and leadership qualities are essential. Funding is available immediately.
- About the host institute
- The "Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique" was created in 1930 by the Foundation Edmond de Rothschild. It is associated with the CNRS (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique), a leading international scientific institution offering an exceptional environment to scientists early in their career.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a letter of motivation as PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the names of three referees.
- When? 3 years starting Jan 2008
- Where? Laboratoire de Biochimie Theorique, Paris, France
- Salary: 2500 Euro/month
- Project Leader: Marc Baaden
- Website: http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr/projects/fvnano
August 2007 to Sept. 2008: graduate/postgraduate/staff position at Caletch & Harvard Medical School
The Caltech Center of Excellence in Genomic Science (CEGS) is a newly funded initiative that’s driven to digitize life. Our goal is to understand embryonic development as the execution of a program in our genome. We seek to upload embryonic development into a virtual life form called the Digital Fish through the use of genetics, molecular imaging, and information technology. Our approach called “in toto imaging” is to use confocal/2-photon imaging to image all the cells in developing transgenic zebrafish embryos and special software we are developing called GoFigure to extract complete cell lineages and gene expression patterns.
We are looking for people with strong experience in C++ programming and VTK/ITK to join our GoFigure development team. There are a number of significant image analysis problems we are addressing including: segmenting cells in space, across time, and across cell division; quantitating protein expression patterns and subcellular localization; developing a standard, cell-based, 4-d atlas of embryonic development; and registering molecular data from thousands of different embryos onto this atlas.
There are opportunities at the graduate, post-doc, and staff levels. The successful applicant would join our team at Caltech in Pasadena/LA soon and then move with us to my new lab in the Department of Systems Biology at Harvard Medical School in Boston in summer 2008. To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, and letters of reference to me by email (email@example.com).
For more information please see below: www.digitalfish.org <http://www.digitalfish.org/> or talk to Alexandre Gouaillard or myself at the upcoming NAMIC meeting in Boston (june 2007). http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/NA-MIC_NCBC_Collaboration:3D%2Bt_Cells_Lineage:GoFigure
January 2007: SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
SPECIALIST CFD/CAE SERVICES PROVIDER
For over a decade, this UK based company has been delivering independent and confidential support and expertise in the application and development of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and related Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) methods to solve engineering problems.
We are now looking to recruit a Software Developer with the following skills:
• C++ and object oriented development experience • Knowledge of the Qt framework • VTK proficiency • Experience designing and developing graphical user interfaces • Experience in software development in a Linux environment • Pro-active, motivated, quick-learner.
The post will involve the development of core functionalities for C++ software, applications using Qt with VTK and advanced CAE methods. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of custom C++ distributions.
The successful applicant will have a minimum MSc level qualification. A strong background in software development and CAE is desirable, and basic C++ literacy is a minimum requirement. Expertise in any of the fields of mesh generation, aero-acoustics, multi-phase flow, radiation, optimisation, turbulence modelling or LES would be considered an advantage.
You will join a professional team providing services to OEMs worldwide, with the opportunity to work at the forefront of CAE R&D in close collaboration with first-class developers and application engineers. An attractive salary and benefits package are offered.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 2004: Kitware
Kitware is seeking to fill positions immediately. We are looking for people who will relocate to the Albany, NY USA area, are willing to work in a small company, and show flexibility in work assignments. Important skills include proficiency in C++, scientific software development, medical image analysis, and/or VTK. Individuals demonstrating expertise in areas that significantly extend Kitware's software skill base are particularly favored. Please send your resume to kitware at kitware.com.
William J. Schroeder, Ph.D. Kitware, Inc. 28 Corporate Drive, Suite 204 Clifton Park, NY 12065 will.schroeder at kitware.com 1-518-371-3971 x102 (phone) 1-518-371-3971 (fax)