[ITK Community] [Insight-developers] itkMultiTheader with OpenMP

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Nov 1 14:53:24 EDT 2013

Hello,

About two years or so ago Dan Blezek and I explored using OpenMP in the itkMultiTheader. I have updated that topic and it seems to work on my linux box with gcc 4.47 RH6.

The patch can be found here:
https://github.com/blowekamp/ITK/tree/OpenMP2

The most grueling thread spawning test I know is the on I wrote here:
https://github.com/blowekamp/ITK/tree/OpenMP2

it seemed to be about 20% faster with OpenMP. I am not sure if it'd be noticeable with in normal usage.

I tried using the intel profiler (vtune) on some registration examples and it still did not like it.

Brad