[ITK Community] Wrapping itkTileImageFilter for 3D output

Michka Popoff michkapopoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 16:25:42 EST 2013

Hi

I want to use the TileImageFilter (wrapped with python) to take two 2D images and make a 3D stack out of it, like described in this example :
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/TileImageFilter_CreateVolume

The example works nicely with c++, but not with python.
Here is some basic code to reproduce the error :

import itk
inputtype = itk.Image[itk.UC, 2]
outputtype = itk.Image[itk.UC, 3]
tile_filter = itk.TileImageFilter[inputtype, outputtype].New()

Here is the error message :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tiletest.py", line 4, in <module>
    filt = itk.TileImageFilter[inputtype, outputtype].New()
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.4/Python/itkTemplate.py", line 233, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError, 'itkTemplate : No template %s for the %s class' % (str(parameters), self.__name__)
KeyError: "itkTemplate : No template (<class 'itkImagePython.itkImageUC2'>, <class 'itkImagePython.itkImageUC3'>) for the itk::TileImageFilter class"

I tried to modify the itkTileImageFilter.wrap file to accept 2 and 3 dimensional images (with itk_wrap_image_filter_combinations), but I was not able to get anything working.

Am I doing something wrong, or if not, what would be the way to fix this ?

Michka