[ITK] [ITK-dev] Missing IO factories when building without cmake

Miller, James V (GE Global Research) millerjv at ge.com
Tue Apr 1 08:55:34 EDT 2014

I think Brad has the right theme here.

The issue is not a "user error". It is not a runtime error caused by user not doing something correctly.  For instance, it is not like the user forgot to give a filename an extension and therefore we couldn't figure out what format to use to write a file.

Rather, the issue is a "build error".  The developer created an executable that has no means to use the ITK IO factories.

So it would be good to catch this at compile time rather than runtime.

Jim