[ITK] Working with 2D images in ITK

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Sat Apr 26 03:36:52 EDT 2014

Hi,
yes if the pixel type of your image is unsigned short.

ITK is designed to work with N-dimensional images and supports virtually
all pixel types. Having a look at the itk::Image class documentation [1],as
well as section 4.1 in the ITK SW guide [2], may be worthwhile.

When you are trying to read an image stored in a given format [3], you may
find some restrictions, though.

JON HAITZ

[1] http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Image.html
[2] www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf