[ITK] simple question about Volume From Slices

Fitze Thomas (fitz) fitz at zhaw.ch
Tue Dec 2 05:07:17 EST 2014

Hi Chiara,

One option i had good results with, is creating a surface mesh from your volume and do a surface reconstruction. There are different reconstruction methods, which one to use depends or your use case. Poisson reconstruction would be a good starting point.

To extract and reconstruct the surface, you could either use VTK (1) or some tools to do the extraction (2) and reconstruction (3).

(1) http://www.vtkjournal.org/browse/publication/718
(2) http://mitk.org/wiki/Downloads
(3) http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,