[ITK Community] Smoothness term in ITK

Hana Cherif hanacherif62 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 10:43:16 EST 2014

Hello all ,,

Another question please about the smoothness term (regularity term )

We know all that the image registration's methods implimented in ITK based
on a variational approache ,, wich serves to minimize an energy includes
two terms : similarity term wich measure similarities of the two images,
and a regularity term wich ensure the regularity of that transformation.
For me this two terms are essentiel, mainly  in the processus of deformable
registration !! My question is how did the regularity of the solution is
verified in the model proposed in ITK ,, i mean the BSpline registration
(DeformableRegistration4)

Thanks in advance!!

Hana