[ITK Community] Regularity term in deformable registration ITK

Hana Cherif hanacherif62 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 15:47:55 EST 2014

Hello all ,,

Another question please about the smoothness term (regularity term )

We know all that the image registration's methods implemented in ITK based
on a variational approach ,, which serves to minimize an energy includes
two terms : similarity term which measure similarities of the two images,
and a regularity term which ensure the regularity of that transformation.
For me this two terms are essential, mainly  in the processes of deformable
registration !! My question is how did the regularity of the solution is
verified in the model proposed in ITK ,, i mean the BSpline registration
(DeformableRegistration4)

Thanks in advance!!

Hana