[ITK Community] Question about BinaryDilateImageFilter

Michka Popoff michkapopoff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 08:50:47 EST 2014

Hi

I was going through the python examples to do some cleanup.
I would need some help. It’s for the example in Examples/Filtering/BinaryDilateImageFilter.py

It seems I need to instantiate the filter like this :

image_type = itk.Image[itk.UC, 2]
se_type = ??
itk.BinaryDilateImageFilter[image_type, image_type, se_type].New()

Secondly, there is a call to the BinaryBallStructuringElement class.
In itkExtras.py there is a strel() function (a comment in it tells it is/ it will be deprecated), which uses : itk.FlatStructuringElement[dim].Ball(radius)

I have two questions related to this :
- What about this Structuring element type, which seems not to be wrapped ? Should this type be the same as the one from input image ?
- BinaryBallStructuringElement is not wrapped. Is it still used somewhere ? What is the preferred way, and is BinaryBallStructuringElement really deprecated ?

Michka