[ITK Community] Problem using itk video modules

Matteo Pozza matteo.pozza at studenti.unipd.it
Sun Feb 23 11:46:58 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use itkVideoStream and itkVideoFileReader classes in my
application, but I get a lot of errors in linking phase. I report here only
some final parts of the errors

undefined reference to `vtable for itk::TemporalProcessObject'
undefined reference to `vtable for itk::TemporalRegion'
undefined reference to `itk::TemporalDataObject::TemporalDataObject()'
undefined reference to `itk::TemporalRegion::GetFrameStart() const'

There is a big number (132) of linking errors, but everyone is very similar
to the errors reported above (the other itk classes work normally).
It seems that itkVideoCore and itkVideoIO modules aren't found from the
system, but my CMakeLists.txt is very general

FIND_PACKAGE ( ITK REQUIRED)
IF ( ITK_FOUND)
INCLUDE( ${USE_ITK_FILE} )
ENDIF( ITK_FOUND)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( main ${ITK_LIBRARIES})

My application works with images using itk, but before starting to add
video handling in my application, I've never found errors like these with
the same CMakeLists.txt file.
Since itkVideoCore and itkVideoIO are requested by
ITK_BUILD_DEFAULT_MODULES, I'm sure that they are present in the system.
I ask you to give me some advices for solving this problem.
Thank you for the attention.

Matteo