[ITK] texture analysis

Cyril Jaudet drcjaudet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:16:13 EDT 2014

Hello,
I try to create an cli module allowing texture analysis of 3d images in
slicer based on itk:
-ScalarImageToTextureFeaturesFilter.h
-ScalarImageToRunLengthFeaturesFilter.h
It compile well but give value that i'm not sure.
It give the same RunlenghtFeature for a constant image (value=64) size
256x256x47 with different spacing (spacing-1=1,1,1 and spacing-2=10,10,10).
For the  LongRunEmphasis as it proportionnal to (run lenght)^2, i'll expect
a difference.
Also if the spacing is change like (1,1,10) the value are differents. So i
wonder if this programme take account of the real position of the voxels?

Another request i that i want to change the offset so i try:
typedef itk::Statistics::ScalarImageToRunLengthFeaturesFilter<ImageType,
HistogramFrequencyContainerType>::OffsetVector OffsetVectorType;
   OffsetVectorType::Pointer list_offset=OffsetVectorType::New();

   list_offset->reserve(1);

   OffsetType d;

   d[0]=1;
   d[1]=0;
   d[2]=0;

   //typedef itk::VectorContainer<int, 3> PointType

   OffsetVectorType::Iterator direction=list_offset->Begin();

   direction->Value()=d;

   runlenghtfilter->SetOffsets(list_offset);

I think that OffsetType is not correctly initialize but it's a sub type of
OffsetVector.
 Also it is not clear if the offset is a direction or an angle.
Thanks for your reply,
Cyril