[ITK] [ITK-dev] Coverity defects

Brian Helba brian.helba at kitware.com
Fri Jun 6 12:35:50 EDT 2014

Note that Coverity is currently only testing the basic ITK modules, not any
of the optional modules that default to OFF. After the test driver fixes go
live, I'd be happy to selectively start enabling test coverage of other
modules too. Alternatively, we can keep them turned off until we're able to
get down to 0 defects on the existing coverage, if you want to keep things
more focused. I'm open to feedback.

Also, we're currently only providing Coverity with a build on GCC 4.6. That
was due to previous limitations in Coverity's tool, but they're released a
new major version of the tool, and support for 4.7 or 4.8 may have
improved. I'll look into that for the near future, but I don't want to do
that yet, so we can get a well-controlled test of the change to CMake
3.0-rc6 this weekend.

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If we can get the coverity defects to 0, it will become a useful tool
> for the future...
>

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Johnson, Hans J <hans-johnson at uiowa.edu>
> wrote:
> > Bill,
> >
> > Thank you for the exceptional work.
> >
> > Hans
> >

> > On 6/6/14, 6:50 AM, "Bill Lorensen" <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Folks,
> >>
> >>We are down to 270 defects reported by Coverity. Of these, 102 are in
> >>test drivers. I believe these have been fixed, but require cmake 3.0
> >>to see the fix.
> >>
> >>Can someone in charge of the insight build for coverity, please update
> >>that build to use cmake3.0?
> >>
> >>Bill
> >>Powered by www.kitware.com
> >>
> >>Visit other Kitware open-source projects at
> >>http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
> >>
> >>Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information visit:
> >>http://kitware.com/products/protraining.php
> >>
> >>Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at:
> >>http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ
> >>
> >>Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> >

> > ________________________________
> > Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by
> the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
> confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
> distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
>  Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error,
> then delete it.  Thank you.
>

> --

Brian Helba
Medical Imaging