[ITK] Fill in the interior of a threshold image

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jun 9 16:00:02 EDT 2014

Hello,

You could try the BinaryFillholeImageFilter[1] as a starting point

Then there are option to perform Dilation and ErosionByReconstruction.

Additionally I have had some success performing thresholding of distance fields and performing watersheds from markers[2], to perform this type of operation. Use you current label as one marker. Then if the the signed distance field is positive outside, the threshold that at 10, and use this for your other marker. Then a variation (1/1+x) of the distance field can be used for the feature image to watershed from markers.

Hope that give you some ideas.
Brad

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryFillholeImageFilter.html
[2] http://simpleitk.github.io/SimpleITK-Notebooks/32_Watersheds_Segmentation.html