[ITK Community] RawImageIO volume writing

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 18 09:58:37 EDT 2014

Hi Emiliano,

Please note that the RawImageIO class will throw away all the Image
Metadata.

RawImageIO only stores the byte data corresponding to pixel intensity
values.

The rest:  direction, spacing, origin...etc..  is dismissed.

In practice, there is no real advantage in using the RawImageIO.

You may want to rather use the MetaImageIO format,
and get two files:

.mhd with a text header
.raw with the raw byte data for the pixel intensities.

Hope this helps,

    Luis