[ITK] [ITK Community] ITK 3.20 and MSVC12 (VS2013)

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Mar 19 08:18:24 EDT 2014

That is an interesting solution. I'll be curious what the results of the testing are.

So by default this SizeValueType is going to be a long, which is 32-bits or 4 bytes. So for 3-D, the size of itkSize will be 12 bytes. So when an array of these types, there will be padding or gaps between the elements this may case problems in some situation and also is not memory efficient.

Another option may be to explicitly disable auto-vectorization for problematic loops:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh872235.aspx

Brad