[ITK] itk 4.5.1 crashing in HDF5

Chris Cooper chris.cooper at veranmedical.com
Fri May 9 14:23:06 EDT 2014

While trying to read a file, we get a crash with this call stack:
H5MM_xfree
H5E_printf_stack
H5E_clear_stack
H5Fis_hdf5
H5::H5File::isHdf5
HDF5ImageIO::CanReadFile
ImageIOFactory::CreateImageIO
ImageFileReader<…>::GenerateOutputInformation
ProcessObject::UpdateOutputInformation
ImageBase<3>::UpdateOutputInformation
DataObject::Update
ProcessObject::Update

The code that calls itk looks like this:

        reader->DebugOff();

        reader->SetGlobalWarningDisplay(false);

        reader->SetFileName(cache.pathForUid(uid).string());

        reader->Update();

This looks similar to an issue discussed here:
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2013-November/049157.html

Any thoughts on this problem?  Is there a chance it’s been solved in 4.5.2 (which I am downloading & building now)?

Thanks,
Chris