[ITK] [ITK-users] ITKOpenCVBridge on Ubuntu 12.04: fatal error: itkOpenCVImageBridge.h: No such file or directory

donelron donelron at web.de
Sun May 11 16:39:06 EDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I have done some basic work with OpenCV, but  I am rather new to ITK. Now I
would like to process videos with ITK and therefore I think I will need the
itkOpenCVImageBridge.
I dowlnloaded a tutorial including some exercises from here:
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK-OpenCV-Bridge-Tutorial

The content of the folders "ITKIntroduction" and "OpenCVIntroduction" work
perfectly.
However, using the bridge from OpenCV to itk (examples included in folder
"ITKOpenCVBridge") is unfortunately not working.
I can run CMake (either GUI or on console) for the ITKOpenCVBridge-example,
but when I run the make-command on console I get:
[ 50%] Building CXX object
exercise1/CMakeFiles/BasicFilteringITKOpenCVBridge.dir/BasicFilteringITKOpenCVBridge.o
/home/ron/vtk_itk/DownloadedCode/ITK-OpenCV-Bridge-Tutorial-master/Exercises/ITKOpenCVBridge/exercise1/BasicFilteringITKOpenCVBridge.cxx:25:34:
fatal error: itkOpenCVImageBridge.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: ***
[exercise1/CMakeFiles/BasicFilteringITKOpenCVBridge.dir/BasicFilteringITKOpenCVBridge.o]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [exercise1/CMakeFiles/BasicFilteringITKOpenCVBridge.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I am on Ubuntu 12.04 and I have installed ITK 4.4. I was assuming that the
headers and implementation for ITKOpenCVBridge should be included, but
obviously they are not. Or maybe there is just some other issue that I
missed?!?

If possible, I am asking you to tell me
1. Where exactly should I look to check if the header / implementation of
the ITKOpenCVBridge is where it should be, ie on my hard drive. The headers
and sources for itkImageFileReader, itkImageFileWriter and
itkMedianImageFilter (which are all used in the "ITKIntroduction" example)
are in /usr/local/include/ITK-4.4. Is there any other place which I should
check for header and sources of ITKOpenCVBridge or can I be sure that they
are missing?
2. If headers and sources for ITKOpenCVBridge are missing, where can I find
them and what do I need to do to make sure that they "match" the ones I am
already using?
3. What exactly do I have to do to install them? Do I just have to copy the
files or is it more complicated?

Many thanks in advance for your help!