[ITK] Fwd: Image Pyramid Speed

Stephen Parsons stephen.parsons at uky.edu
Tue May 20 09:50:12 EDT 2014

I believe we figured out the problem. We were setting the number of spatial
samples in the Mattes Mutual Information Metric to a large value (60% of
the pixels) and this value was not being changed in the levels of the image
pyramid. So while it was operating on images with fewer pixels at each
level, it was taking the same (massive) number of samples, which took just
as long.