[ITK] Announcement: VTK, ITK and SimpleITK binaries for OS X

michkapopoff at gmail.com michkapopoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:23:38 EST 2014

Hi

If you need a fast way to install VTK, ITK and/or SimpleITK on OS X, I have good news for the community. I compiled binaries for OS X 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10, which you can install using homebrew (http://brew.sh).

People using my previous binaries for ITK with Python wrappings should use the new imichka-insighttoolkit-wrapitk binaries (the formula name has changed).

Here is the list of available packages:

imichka-vtk : VTK 6.1.0, C++ and Python wrappings (Python 2.7.8)
imichka-insighttoolkit : ITK 4.6.1, C++ only
imichka-insighttoolkit-wrapitk : ITK 4.6.1 with Python wrappings (Python 2.7.8)
imichka-simpleitk : SimpleITK 0.8.0, Python 2.7.8 (Java, Ruby etc.. were not tested but are provided)

Please find the install instructions and more details here:
https://github.com/iMichka/homebrew-MacVTKITKPythonBottles <https://github.com/iMichka/homebrew-MacVTKITKPythonBottles>
Feedback is welcome. If you find any issue please open a ticket on the project’s bug tracker.

Michka Popoff