[ITK] Stream image to cin

Juan Carlos Prieto juanprietob at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:18:20 EST 2014

Dear all,

I was wondering if there is a way to load an image file that was streamed
to a c++ program by cin.

To be more specific I would like to retrieve an image via cURL and input
the content to a c++ program using ITK filters and so on.

Is there a way to hack ImageIOFactory or ImageIO to use the input content
instead of loading the data from disk?

Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions.

I understand that the simple solution will be to write the file to disk and
then execute the program but I would like to try it out this way.

Best,

Juan