[ITK] [ITK-users] patch to add a global hierarchical watershed segmentation mode to itksnap

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Wed Oct 1 11:27:57 EDT 2014

Dear mailing list members,

Finally, I got my idea about an interactive hierarchical Watershed
SegmentationEditor realized. The idea originates from the SegmentationEditor of
the InsightApplication demonstrated here:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/70

I decided to add such functionality to itksnap as it is the successor of the
SegmentationEditor. The additions consist of a Click'n'Join mode, which either
allows to join or split labels of the current segmentation by clicking, or
instead uses a Global Watershed label image as a label source. The great feature
of the itkWatershedFilter allows the level of the watershed hierarchy to be
changed on-the-fly.
The patch is against itksnap-3.0.0 and in beta-testing stage. Loading from files
and "back" buttons are not yet implemented.
Please feel free to test it too!

Regards,
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-9574