[ITK] Using filters with images of different dimensions

Fitze Thomas (fitz) fitz at zhaw.ch
Fri Oct 3 09:04:49 EDT 2014

Hi all

My current situation:
1. 3D inputImage
2. calculate hessian matrix for the image
3. calculate trace of hessian matrix for each voxel
4. use GetAverageSliceImagefilter to get an average (along 1 dimension) of the hessian trace for each voxel in a slice. This reduces the size of this dimension to 1. I will call this the ‘averageTracePlane’.

Now i want to use the averageTracePlane as a sort of lookup table for my inputImage and apply the corresponding averageTrace value. Or in pseudo code:
inputImage(x,y,z) = some_constant * averageTracePlane(x,y,1)

How do i set up a image filter that iterates over my inputImage and cycles through the averageTracePlane? I tried using a BinaryFunctorImageFilter, but could not figure out how to get it to “cycle" trough my averageTracePlane with dimension size 1.

Thanks a lot,
Thomas