[ITK] [ITK-users] How to remove a tag from MetaDataDictionary?

Arnaud Gelas arnaudgelas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 03:58:09 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to write a DICOM file in which, the orientation (among others)
has changed in my pipeline...

1- After having a look
https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Modules/IO/GDCM/src/itkGDCMImageIO.cxx#L883-L919

It appears to me that if the orientation is in the MetaDataDictionary, it
is saved anyway into the DICOM image, there is no way to force the ImageIO
to recompute it from the image and save it ???
If there is, can anyone give me a pointer?

2- Since I can't find a way to update the image orientation in
itk::GDCMImageIO, I have been looking at removing the corresponding tag
from the MetaDataDictionary. I could not find any method or any way to do
it???
If there is, can anyone give me a pointer?

I wish I would not have to copy the dictionary and add if statement to
avoid copying the direction...

Thanks in advance,
Arnaud