[ITK] (no subject)

Paola Volonghi pola_88 at hotmail.it
Tue Oct 7 04:02:39 EDT 2014

Thanks for your reply.We have just tried before to do what you suggested.Any other idea??ThanksPaola

Subject: Re: [ITK] (no subject)
From: michkapopoff at gmail.com
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 13:11:13 +0200
CC: community at itk.org
To: pola_88 at hotmail.it

Hi
for the moment, the PyBuffer module has been moved out of ITK, and is no more maintained.There was a port done for ITK4, but it is not tested so I don’t know how well it is working [1]I plan to work a little bit on it one day if I can find some time.
The way to move images from itk to vtk is to use the ITKVTKGlue module.You need to build ITK with:Module_ITKVtkGlue=ON
Then you can do something like this (for a 2d image for example):
image_type = itk.Image[itk.UC, 2]reader = itk.ImageFileReader[image_type].New()reader.SetFileName(“PATH/TO/FILE”)reader.Update()vtk_image = itk.ImageToVTKImageFilter[image_type].New()vtk_image.SetInput(reader.GetOutput())vtk_image.Update()
Then you can use the vtk_image as a vtk object, that you can render or work on.
Is there a specific error message you get ?
Michka
[1] https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/itkPyBuffer
On 2 oct. 2014, at 11:45, Paola Volonghi <pola_88 at hotmail.it> wrote:Hi all,we developed a python program on ubuntu 13.10 using vtk library ver. 5.8.0 and itk library ver. 3.20.1. In our program we used also these command lines:itk.VTKImageToImageFilter.IF3.New()itk.ImageToVTKImageFilter[image_type].New()itk.PyBuffer[image_type].GetArrayFromImage( …. )but we discovered that they don't work on itk ver. 4.x.Is there another way to convert images from itk to vtk and vice versa, using the newest versions of vtk and itk? Thanks!
Paola