[ITK] [ITK-users] RegistrationParameterScalesFromPhysicalShif and itkVersorRigid3DTransform

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Oct 15 10:43:45 EDT 2014

Hello,

The scales are going to be for the serializable optimization parameters for the Transform defined in the doxygen[1].

You may wish to try the other scales estimators: RegistrationPatameterScalesFromIndexShift, RegistrationParameterScalesFromJacobian

Also the other parameters for your optimizer may need to be adjusted such as InitialRadius, ShrinkFactor and the GrowthFactor. I have not investigated if these optimizer parameters are correctly scales into the parameter space when applied, but they should be.

As you are doing you can theoretically plug any combination of components together. However the results may not be robust or stable. Again I will urge caution with using the Versor transforms with an optimizer other than the RegularStepGradientDescent as there is some coupling of these two to do the correct normalization in the versor space.

Brad

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VersorRigid3DTransform.html