[ITK] templating typdef question

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Thu Oct 30 16:47:52 EDT 2014

Hi Bernhard,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 3:43 AM, Dr Bernhard Schaffer
<bschaffer at superstem.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the fast reply. I'll give it a try and let you know if I hit any obstacles.
> (The next time I can spend some time on ITK coding - it comes in waves as it's a spare time project).

Thanks for the feedback!

> A general question for this community though:
>
> I've emailed to "community at itk.org" a couple of weeks ago and didn't receive any answer (I don't mind too much, I just don't want to do it incorrectly).
> This time I've written to community at itk.org and to insight-users at itk.org separately. Which one is the preferred group to ask these questions?
>
> Further, do you generally prefer getting coding questions on this mailing list, or on more general sites like Stackoverflow.com?

I saw your previous post, which was a good one.  Unfortunately, the
Voronoi segmentation is an area of the toolkit that could use more
gardening.  I have some work in progress on the Vororoi code [1] and
an example [2].

Current activity in the ITK community primarily occurs around the
mailing lists.  The community at itk.org list was an effort to
consolidate lists, and it is the best default choice in my opinion.
However, netizens will go where netizens will go, and communication
via mailing lists, at least at a directly, is not as popular.  I
believe a lot of activity to the lists is through the Nabble forum
[3].  StackOverflow.com is a wonderful site, but it is currently not
monitored as well, and there is less activity there.

> And finally (after listening in to this group for 3 weeks or so): Thank you Matt for being so responsive! I know from experience that keeping responsive in such a site is a lot of effort. Very much appreciated.

Thank you for the kind words -- they are very much appreciated! Credit
should also be given to the NIH National Library of Medicine, which
helps support the ITK community.

Matt

[1] http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/17794/

[2] http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/17631/