[ITK] [ITK-dev] CMake test macro for standard streaming behavior

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Sep 3 15:01:16 EDT 2014

Hi Brad,

> 1) Where can "common" cmake testing code go so that other modules can use it?

This can be added in the CMakeLists.txt for module that other modules
will depend on.  See "include(CreateTestDriver.cmake)" in
Modules/Core/TestKernal/CMakeLists.txt.

> 2) Dependencies with modules and test drivers. It appears that I can call the ImageIOBaseTestDriver from other modules i.e. mha and HDF5. Any problem with this?

I don't think so, as long as all the other modules TEST_DEPEND ITKImageIOBase.

> 3) ImageIO registration - Currently I can just add additional dependencies to the TestingKernel to ensure that the HDF5 imageIO is registered everywhere. Is there any other better alternative?

 Hopefully this can be avoided -- cross-compiling HDF5 is a pain.