[ITK] [slicer-devel] BigTIFF

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Wed Sep 17 22:51:21 EDT 2014

Hi Gib,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Gib Bogle <g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Correction!  You were right.  There was a network drive that I could not
> see until I right-clicked on Network, then Disconnect network drive.  Now
> it's responsive :)

There is indeed known issue with network drive and file dialog.
See https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-13182

If you would like to by pass the file dialog, the next time, you could
directly load the file from the "File -> Recently loaded"

> There is another wrinkle that I'm not concerned about right now.  When I
> execute the installed program, C:\Program files\Slicer.exe, the console
> shows this error message:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 7, in <module>
>   File "C:/Program Files/Slicer/bin/Python/slicer/slicerqt.py", line 1, in
> <module>
>     import vtk, qt, ctk
> ImportError: No module named vtk
>
> but the program runs.  I don't see that message when I run the executable
> in Slicer-build.  The files in both places are the same, also the
> SlicerApp-real.exe files - of course, since INSTALL just copies them.  I
> have seen any difference in the ability to display the tiff files.

This is explained by the fact you installed Slicer instead of creating a
package or running the launcher from the build tree. In that case, the
python path are not setup by the launcher and the Slicer executable fails
to locate its dependent python packages ...

Hth
JC

--
+1 919 869 8849