[ITK] [ITK-users] ITK 4.6.0 Python Wrapping (swig?) problem

Michka Popoff michkapopoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 07:03:33 EDT 2014

Hi

once ITK is compiled, there is no more need for Swig at runtime.

For the syntax, you should use the new wrapping syntax.
Look at how it is done in this example, at the end there is python code [1]

I would recommend you not to use system swig, this is mostly an option for people wanting to play around with external versions of swig.
If you want to be sure it works, just set ITK_USE_SYSTEM_SWIG=OFF. ITK will download, compile and use an internal swig.
You can find a detailed tutorial for the installation here : http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/WrapITKInstallFedora

The tutorial should work for Ubuntu 14, I never tried but one user reported being able to install ITK wrappings with this tutorial.

[1] http://itk.org/ITKExamples/src/Filtering/AnisotropicSmoothing/ComputeCurvatureAnisotropicDiffusion/Documentation.html

Michka