[ITK] Gradient vector of gradient vector

Timothee Evain tevain at telecom-paristech.fr
Mon Aug 3 04:51:31 EDT 2015

Hello,

It seems to me that what you want is the directional components of the second derivative, right ?
If so, maybe you could take the first derivative by any mean of your choice, and then use a Sobel in each direction to have each component of your vectors.
For example, if you're working on 2D data, run a Sobel on X direction (e.g. SobelX) then Y direction (e.g. SobelY), the vector you look for will be [SobelX(x,y),SobelY(x,y)].
For this you could use :
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SobelOperator.html
with
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ConvolutionImageFilter.html

If your question is "Is there an one-shot filter" to do so : not to my knowledge.

Hope this helps

Tim