[ITK] [ITK-users] general info ICP implementation

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Thu Aug 13 18:21:44 EDT 2015

Hello,

ITK uses the Levenberg-Marquardt non-linear least squares optimizer in
the ICP examples.  This has an advantage of the closed formula updates
in that it can work with an arbitrary transform.  But, a different
type of ICP using closed form updates could possibly be created by
utilizing the LandmarkBasedTransformInitializer class [1], which
provides correspondences for a number of transforms.

HTH,
Matt

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1LandmarkBasedTransformInitializer.html