[ITK] Win64 Visual Studio 12 segfaults

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 8 15:50:07 EST 2015

Thanks, Bradley! I'm glad to hear our workarounds have also solved the
SimpleITK VS12/Win64 test failures. You know, I didn't expect our
workarounds to fix those "SEH" issues.  :-)

Remember that Marian (Nekto89) suggested a different workaround for
those segfaults, here at
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/community/2015-January/008086.html
-- adding __declspec(align(16)) to those for classes that trigger the
segfaults. Gratian Lup (Microsoft Visual C++ Team) wrote on February
3rd that he thinks the workaround by Nekto89 is a good one:
http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/1060166
  However, so far it seems to me that our current workarounds (as
committed to ITK), are good enough. I'm hopeful that no further code
changes with respect to those segfaults are needed.

Kind regards, Niels