[ITK] Compile ITK 4.7.0 with System HDF5

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Feb 18 18:34:53 EST 2015

I have recently built HDF5 version 1.8.14 on my Windows 8.1 machine using
Visual Studio 2013 compilers. Now when I configure ITK 4.7.1 to build using
the "System HDF5" it picks up the installation of HDF5-1.8.14 in the
C:/Users/mjackson/Workspace/hdf5-1.8.14 instead of the actual installation
location of C:/DREAM3D_SDK/hdf5-1.8.14

Then when I attempt to actually compile ITK I get a compile error that says
it can not find include file "H5Cpp.h".

So I rerun CMake and set the HDF5_DIR
to C:/DREAM3D_SDK/hdf5-1.8.14/cmake/hdf5 and configure.

I have also noticed that I have to manually set the HDF5_LIBRARIES to
include both the debug and release versions of the libraries.

I have never had to manually enter all this kind of information before with
CMake projects. I am wondering if I just missing something simple with HDF5?

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net