[ITK] No GDCMConfig.cmake

Nigel Mcfarlane Nigel.Mcfarlane at beds.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 12:18:36 EST 2015

I am using ITK 4.5.2 and I have found that GDCMConfig.cmake is not built.  This means that there is no handle by which an external library can find and use ITK's version of GDCM.

My problem is that I'm trying to build MITK, which includes both ITK and GDCM as third-party libraries.  If I point MITK's superbuild at the existing ITK on my system, I get a version clash between ITK's GDCM and the one downloaded by MITK.  I was intending to solve this by pointing MITK at the GDCM in ITK, but it seems that ITK does not export its copy of GDCM for external use.

The line which would have created it is:
C:\ITK\InsightToolkit-4.5.2\Modules\ThirdParty\GDCM\src\gdcm\CMakeLists.txt
#SUBDIRS(CMake/ExportConfiguration)

This has been deliberately commented out to prevent the export of GDCM.  Is there a reason for this, such as the library being altered, patched or incomplete?

Thank you
Nigel McFarlane
University of Bedfordshire, UK