[ITK] [ITK-users] Undefined references to methods of template classes

Francisco Lopez de la Franca franciscolopezdelafranca at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 16:16:09 EST 2015

Thanks to your previous answer the problem was solved, but another one has
come out. It occurs when linking to create the library. It gives an
undefined reference to itk::ExceptionObject::ExceptionObject... as you can
see below.
What it is strange to me is that before including explicit template
instantiation, I created the library without errors, and now that I include
that, I get this error.
I'll appreciate very much any help.

Linking CXX shared library libTFM_Features.dll
CMakeFiles\TFM_Features.dir/objects.a(TFM_Features.cpp.obj):TFM_Features.cpp:(.t
ext$_ZN3itk21MemoryAllocationErrorC1ERKSsjS2_S2_[_ZN3itk21MemoryAllocationErrorC
1ERKSsjS2_S2_]+0x35): undefined reference to
`itk::ExceptionObject::ExceptionObj
ect(std::string const&, unsigned int, std::string const&, std::string
const&)'
CMakeFiles\TFM_Features.dir/objects.a(TFM_Features.cpp.obj):TFM_Features.cpp:(.t
ext$_ZN3itk21MemoryAllocationErrorC1ERKSsjS2_S2_[_ZN3itk21MemoryAllocationErrorC
1ERKSsjS2_S2_]+0x40): undefined reference to `vtable for
itk::MemoryAllocationEr
ror'
C:/CV/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.8.2/../../../../x86_64-w64-min
gw32/bin/ld.exe:
CMakeFiles\TFM_Features.dir/objects.a(TFM_Features.cpp.obj): ba
d reloc address 0x40 in section
`.text$_ZN3itk21MemoryAllocationErrorC1ERKSsjS2_
S2_[_ZN3itk21MemoryAllocationErrorC1ERKSsjS2_S2_]'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
SRC\CMakeFiles\TFM_Features.dir\build.make:219: recipe for target
'SRC/libTFM_Fe
atures.dll' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [SRC/libTFM_Features.dll] Error 1
CMakeFiles\Makefile2:77: recipe for target
'SRC/CMakeFiles/TFM_Features.dir/all'
 failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [SRC/CMakeFiles/TFM_Features.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2